- Rob Long is a public servant, entrepreneur, and engineer with a passion for the environment and civic duty.
- Rob is Chair of the Palm Beach Soil & Water Conservation District, where he has served since 2016.
This is a countywide elected position that oversees best management practices for a water conservation and
educates growers and PBC high school students.
- Rob is the founder and operator of Door 2 Door Strategies, a community engagement firm that primarily partners
with land planners and nonprofits in Palm Beach and Broward Counties to help facilitate productive dialogue with
the impacted public.
- Prior to founding Door 2 Door Strategies, Rob spent 10-years working as a Civil Engineer in roadway/bridge
construction and disaster mitigation fields.
- Rob also serves as Vice Chair of the City of Delray Beach Planning & Zoning Board. Previously he has served on
Delray’s Site Plan Review & Appearance Board (SPRAB), and the Green Implementation Advancement Board.
- Rob is a proud graduate of Leadership Palm Beach County (c/o 2020.) He has a M.B.A. from the University of
Florida’s Warrington College of Business and a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Pennsylvania State University.
- Rob has lived in Delray Beach for the past 12 years, but grew up in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, “The Weather
Capital of the World.”
- In his free time, Rob enjoys exploring the outdoors, biking, running, painting, and writing.