- Lived in Florida for 36 years and has been enjoying the refuge for 25 years. He has been
volunteering for the past 5 years and currently works one day in the visitor center and one day doing
maintenance work. For the past few months he has been filling in doing the Saturday morning canoe tours.
- Loves kayaking, nature photography, hiking, travel (been to most of the national parks)
and motorcycle touring.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing from the University of New Haven (Ct).
- Took the Florida Master Naturalist Programs Freshwater Wetland Systems of Florida workshop in 2011.
- Background is in retail management. Worked for Gimbels, Caldor and Service Merchandise in the buying and
- After moving to Florida from Connecticut in 1979, was general manager of a large party rental company for 8
years and then owned a ladies clothing store for 20 years in Deerfield Beach.
- Married to Debbie for 33 years and they have 28 year old twin daughters.
- Refuge Volunteer of the Year 2015