- Born in Pensacola, Florida, grew up in Huntsville, Alabama
- Graduated from the Univerity of Alabama with a B.S. in Math and an M.S in Engineering Science.
- Returned to Florida after college, where she has lived since, except for a 3 year stint in Maryland.
- Was a software developer for IBM, and a related spin-off company for 26 years. Worked on the Space Shuttle Program, the FAA Advanced
Automation Program and various telephone company directory assistance programs.
- Met her husband Don, a native Floridian, at the Kennedy Space Center.
- Resident of Delray Beach since 1987.
- Has been interested in environmental issues for many years, and hopes to be able to help bring attention to the
man-made decisions that affect our quality of life, as well as that of the wildlife whose survival depends on the health of the Everglades.