- 1974-2007 - operated real estate company that built, sold, rented and managed commercial and residential properties.
- 2003 to 2007 - twice elected Commissioner of the Great Neck Water Pollution Control District, a town sewerage disposal plant.
- 1986-94 - elected and served two terms as a Trustee of the Village of Great Neck, New York.
- 1980-92 - elected and served six terms as the President of the Great Neck Chamber of Commerce.
- Resident of Delray Beach since 2006. David and his lovely wife Arlene have 2 married children, 5 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild.
- Volunteer at Loxahatchee gift shop since 2007. Presently a store manager.
- Volunteer, Delray Police Marine Bureau.